rpms that just need a rebuild...

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Mar 7 07:25:03 UTC 2007

On 07.03.2007 08:03, Remi Collet wrote:
> Greg Swallow a écrit :
>> of Fedora Extras 6 packages.  For instance I need ~15 php-pear-??? rpms
>> for EL5 that I just rebuilt from the Fedora Extras 6 sources - no
>> modifications to the spec files needed.
>
> I'm probably the maintener of some of them and i will like to push them
> on EPEL soon... (i need some time to prepare my build machine for my tests).
>
> Some of them are really useful (i think) because they were provided by
> old php version (bundle with), so EL4 -> EL5 mays requires then.
>
> Christopher Stone (maintener for most of the others) haven't put his
> status on http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/ContributorStatus.
>
> Actually i'm waiting for a "green light" to begin the push...

I'll work on a package maintainer policy today/tomorrow that lays down
what kind of version-update policy we actually want for EPEL to avoid
that we end up with a EPEL4 that has some brand new packages while
others are quite old. I hope to discuss this policy then on this list
and make something effective after next Sundays EPEL-SIG meeting.

For EPEL5 it's probably not that pressuring, but needed quite soon, too.
I'd say what's now in FE6 is suitable for EPEL5. There will probably a
public CentOS 5 beta soon that we can use for testing.

CU
thl