Release and update procedure for EPEL

Greg Swallow greg at runlevel7.ca
Wed Mar 7 07:32:16 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm wrote:
> Compare
>
> http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/4/isos/i386/

> https://www.scientificlinux.org/download/
>
> E.g. the range of 4.x versions. SL follows RH in maintaining each
> point release, while CentOS kind of EOLs the previous point releases.

(Sorry if this doesn't follow up to the previous messages properly, I
wasn't subscribed to the list when this was posted)

I think you missed that CentOS EOL's the previous point releases to
http://vault.centos.org - 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, etc are all there if you want
to stick to 4.3 for whatever reason.  I think they just want to make
mirroring their main repository less of a storage burden - And I think
it works for them - there are a lot more CentOS mirrors that Scientific
Linux mirrors.

Greg