rpms that just need a rebuild...

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Mar 7 09:09:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 08:20:45AM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Ohh, okay, then I got your wrong (I thought you wanted to constantly and
> automatically rebuild FE6 for EPEL5).
>
> My idea is to have most of Fedora Extras 6 packages available for EPEL5
> soon. But it's not a automatic rebuild -- remember, someone has to
> maintain the stuff for quite some time, so we'll only build packages
> that have EPEL-maintainers. But I'm optimistic that with this way and a
> bit of co-maintainership we should be able to have most of FE6 available
> in EPEL5 soon.

I think that it would be nice to have automatic rebuild of F6 for the packages
that are not in EPEL nor RHEL (in another repo, of course). That way
the packages that change too often to be in EPEL and that don't have a
maintainer close enough to upstream to know about what backport should
be done could still be available. For a personnal example (always the
same ;-) there is libdap. It works well with http://centos.karan.org/.
There should then be a long term solution to extend this when F6 is
dropped, but it would be in years, so we'll be able to see if such a
repo is really necessary.

--
Pat