remove fedora-usermgmt?

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Mar 8 14:37:52 UTC 2007

On Thursday 08 March 2007 08:00:41 am Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 02:58:01PM -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Axel Thimm wrote:

> OK, I installed it on FC6/x86_64. I picked the README that suggests:
> > | fedora-useradd 42 -d /home/joe joe
> >
> > will create the user 'joe' having '/home/joe' as homedirectory. The
> > number '42' specifies an UID which is added to a configured,
> > system-wide base. By default, this base is '300' so that 'joe' will
> > have the uid 342.
>
> My "joe" landed on uid slot "5214". That would actually break when I
> turn on LDAP on this system, as there is a user on this slot.
As a test i ran the exact same command on my desktop and my joe ended up at
10003 i double checked i had not configured  /etc/fedora/usermgmt/baseuid
and it says 300  which is the default offset.  my user should have been 342
based on how its supposed to work

as a further test i ran
fedora-useradd 40 -d /home/bloggs bloggs

that user got 10004 something is really wrong with it

--
Dennis Gilmore, RHCE