remove fedora-usermgmt?

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Sun Mar 11 02:21:38 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 04:31:56PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Further: I agree that having a bigger fixed uid space for packages would
> be the best solution, but we haven't one ATM afaics.

And it wouldn't matter, since the whole point is (supposedly) to have
consistent UIDs across systems, and the bigger fixed UID space would
only apply to the latest Fedora/RHEL/whatever, not any older systems
(possibly upgraded to the latest release) or any other
non-Fedora-based systems.

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/