My thoughts on repotag

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Mar 19 16:52:17 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 13:50 +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:

> It makes not difference what the release is. Whether it influences the
> release comparison or not, releases cannot be compared between
> repositories. There is no relation.

Alright. So, I was under the assumption that repotag was being used to
compare packages between repositories. This is apparently not the case.

Can you reiterate the actual problem that we need to solve here? :)

It may turn out that using a repotag solves a problem, but I'd much
rather approach the problem before arguing about the solution.

~spot