rpms that just need a rebuild...

David Lutterkort dlutter at redhat.com
Mon Mar 19 23:10:42 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 21:41 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> If it's that experimental and changing then perhaps it's better off in
> some packager's private repo like p.r.c etc.?

That's what I (and lots of others) are doing currently. The point of
what I am talking about is to help users by removing the need to chase
lots of different repos.

> Just to get the picture about what degree of maturity you are
> targeting: Where would you place such projects if it were about Fedora
> and not RHEL? Rawhide, current Fedora release or not at all?

Rawhide and current Fedora release. The stumbling stone for what I am
talking about compared to the EPEL discussions so far is the long-term
support and API guarantees; in other words, people that use these
packages can expect them to work at a level similar to Fedora packages,
but will need to be prepared for some churn and possibly incompatible
changes.

David