Completely OT: Remove disttag from EPEL and Fedora ... (was: Dropping the repotag)

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Tue Mar 20 13:35:46 UTC 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:03:31 +0100 (CET), Dag Wieers wrote:
> Fact is, I will stop using a repotag since EPEL is not coming to a
> conclusion and I think it never will. This is going nowhere.

Dude, please relax and take a deep breath.  This EPEL thing has been
brewing for several months now, and although we are making good
progress it does seem to take time to get all things sorted out and
implemented properly.

Please do not take it personally if it takes more than a couple days to
reach a conclusion on your disttag proposal.

AFAICT, it boils down mostly to a political issue about nice
cooperation between different repositories, and in this case I think it
would be proper to hear an opinion from the Fedora Advisory Board,
since they are the ones to decide the politics in Fedora.  Rex is on
that board, and I've seen he's posted some comments in that thread
already.

Fedora is composed of a vast variety of people, and we like to hear all
opinions (can be tedious at times, but that's what you get in a
bazaar).  In the end, it is not necessarily the most vocal one that
gets implemented. Not being able to make everyone happy sucks, but
that's life I guess...

Cheers,
					Christian