Release and update procedure for EPEL

Michael Stahnke mastahnke at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 17:31:11 UTC 2007

Wasn't Red Hat introducing something along the lines of a LAMP stack
that rolls on top of RHEL?  LIke it would actually have PHP5/MySQL
5(or maybe 4.1) on top of RHEL 4.  It was a separate subscription I
thought, but a valid idea.  The latest software for what is needed,
and stable known-good software for the rest.

I thought something like that was talked about at the RH summit last year.

I do think that a rolling release on top of a no API/ABI breakage
release would be very difficult to do, and tend to agree that
targetting minor releases for updates probably makes the most sense
for users and developers.