EPEL vs Fedora main

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Mar 8 21:32:14 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 10:14:06PM +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:

> Check the thread. After identifying that fedora-usermgr is not liked
> by "probably" the majority around here it the issue was "escalated" to
> be handled "upstream" in Fedora. If we had a quick voting here, we'd
> be past this issue by now, while now we're waiting on something to
> happen in Fedora-land. That's what I mean by being stalled.

A quick voting here wouldn't mean anything, as I said in another place
in the thread. There are other contributors that will certainly
contribute to EPEL that are not there, among them major Fedora
contributors that have relevant technical expertise on that subject.
EPEL is barely existing, lets not pretend there is allready a community
in place. The Fedora community is really existing. And also the majority
isn't necessarily relevant. I have seen people being wrong against
a consensus because their use case was different and they had have more
experience on a subject.

--
Pat