package stability

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Mar 9 14:20:02 UTC 2007

On 09.03.2007 10:06, Axel Thimm wrote:
> [...] Removing them from the repo will still leave many
> RHEL boxes vulnerable. Maybe the meta-package obsoleting/conflicting
> with some packages which Thorsten suggested in Fedora-land in a
> different context makes much more sense here?

My idea was meant for dist updates (FC6->F7) only and crazy enough for
that scenario already, as uninstalling packages behind the users back
without asking them is not nice (tm). The idea for that reasons was
rejected yesterday by FESCo. That fine for me as long as a proper
solution for the problem at hand comes up (hopefully soon, but I doubt it).

Back to EPEL: Removing packages behind the users back without asking
them in a stable dist is just insane afaics. It might be a last resort
in some very very rare cases, but that should be avoided at all costs.
So no, that doesn't work.

CU
thl