remove fedora-usermgmt?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 21:21:00 UTC 2007

On 3/9/07, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:

> No, forgetting an additional imposed configure step is different than
> inserting your Vista CD.
>
> In fact if *all* package were to use this scheme, you would have no
> chance in configuring this before the first package makes it on
> disk. Or do you want anaconda to ask "please insert a random uid/gid
> base, don't worry if you don#t know what this is all about, just pick
> your lucky number" ;)
>
> Yet another issue with this scheme, how cool, one only needs to think
> it through to find one flaw after the other.

Ok the problem I have is that if I were to use the 'other repo' with
FC6 and want to install clamav. I do not have any chance to configure
fedora-usermgmt, nor do I know what it does until it is installed. I
would rather have something that installs all the time a user with uid
123 than one that might or might not because I didn't configure it
before hand (because I didnt know I had to configure it).