remove fedora-usermgmt?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Sat Mar 10 17:01:10 UTC 2007

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 16:31:56 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Axel Thimm wrote:
> > User management is delicate and fedora-usermgmt is not the way to go.
>
> It solved a problem afaics, that we have no better solution for in RHEL5.

It doesn't. It adds a feature that can be enabled on demand. The feature
fixes a problem, but since the tool is not enabled by default, it doesn't
fix anything for us.

There are other reasons why EPEL might not want the tool. Naming them is
left as an exercise once all the critics have understood what the tool does
and how it works.