Request for voting SIG

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Mar 10 17:17:25 UTC 2007

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 06:08:21PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> fedora-usermgmt is in EPEL 4 and 5. Maybe as a requirement. Maybe without
> a rationale. However, I'm not informed enough about who has decided on
> what packages were permitted to enter the repo initially. EPEL 4 and 5
> don't provide the same packages. That is questionable already IMO.

If I have understood things right anybody can currently ask for an EPEL
branch (4 or 5) and build. I don't know exactly what happens to the
build afterwards. Maybe I am wrong, but that's what I remember from
reading something from Thorsten.

As for the packages already in the repo they have been put there during
the build up phase by those who started EPEL. Until recently things were
more or less in a testing phase. I guess that it may even be possible to
have packages removed from the repo.

Sorry if I misrepresent something I am not very informed but that's how
I understand the state of affair.

--
Pat