Dropping the repotag

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Mar 19 17:13:18 UTC 2007

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 05:51:02PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:57:45 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> > > Afterall, there's still the same hypocrisy in threads like this, no signs
> > > of actual cooperation or collaboration, but only attempts at influencing a
> >                                                    =========================
> > > project's decisions from the outside without getting involved.
> >   ==============================================================
> >
> > > The only difference in how I've changed is that I am not involved in EPEL,
> >                                                   =========================
> > > so feel free to agree on something without my blessing. ;)
> >
> > OK, so you admit that it's a bad thing to influence a project from the
> > outside when you're not involved, and you are not involved, but try to
> > influence the project's decisions on fedora-usermgmt and repotags.
> >
> > Hm, now is it me or is there a blatant contradiction in the above? Or
> > are you just saying that you're doing bad things and enjoy them? ;)
>
> Uh, come on, twisting words like that is a poor style.

Simple underlining can't be considered twisting.

> Now, perhaps you've focused on attacking me blindly again, so let me make
> this clear. I don't request anything. I voice my concerns.

What makes you think I enjoy attacking you blindly? And you voiced
your concerns quite enough times, we all got it.

> You will enjoy the next sentence, since it is food for your
> rhetorical exercises, and you will rub your hands when you read
> it. ;) I have no particular interest in seeing fedora-usermgmt being
> used in EPEL packages. Rip this sentence out of context if you like
> to. But don't forget that I only participated in the discussion to
> correct some untruths that have been written about it.

No, I already supected that all you wanted are endless threads w/o any
particular interest in either topic.

> WRT repotags it is similar.

Indeed ...

> Go ahead and add them if you see the benefit.  Who cares about an
> upgrade path between RHEL4 and RHEL5 anyway? ;)

Even with the smiley I really fail to see the joke.

> The thing that concerns me is the relevance to Fedora.

Just in case you misunderstood, no one suggested adding repotags to
Fedora.

> There are people from Fedora committees involved in these
> discussions. And they ought to know better before they introduce
> mandatory repotags, disttags and other unclean solutions.

Indeed I'm one of them in favour of clean disttags and repotags.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net