Rebuild for RHEL5 final

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Mar 27 14:29:05 UTC 2007

Hi all!

In the meeting last Sunday (I'll write the summary later) it was agreed
on to rebuild all the packages of EPEL5 once we have RHEL5 in place on
the builders (which should happen soon or has already happened) as
everything which is in EPEL5 now was build against RHEL5Beta1, which is
quite old and a lot of stuff changed for the final.

The idea that was agreed on in the meeting was to just delete the EEPL5
repo and rebuild everything once automatically in the proper order
without changing %release.

Now that I've thought about it some more I don't like that plan that
much anymore, as then it's not possible to differentiate if people have
the old or the new package installed. Sure, that shouldn't be many
people yet, but nevertheless it could create problems.

Opinions? Just ignore that? Or simply do a script-build mass rebuild of
EPEL5 with increased %release?

CUI
thl