Rebuild for RHEL5 final

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Mar 27 15:23:43 UTC 2007

Michael E Brown wrote :

> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 09:17:09AM -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > >Hi all!
> > >
> > >Now that I've thought about it some more I don't like that plan that
> > >much anymore, as then it's not possible to differentiate if people have
> > >the old or the new package installed. Sure, that shouldn't be many
> > >people yet, but nevertheless it could create problems.
> > >
> > >Opinions? Just ignore that? Or simply do a script-build mass rebuild of
> > >EPEL5 with increased %release?
> >
> > Script release bump works for me.
>
> Works for me as well. Please very clearly communicate what you are going to be
> doing in a new thread once it has been decided.

Doesn't work that well for me, since I use a lot of identical spec
files across distros and releases. Could work if the devel branches
of my packages were also bumped, as otherwise the next devel update I
would then "backport" to EL5 would be an invalid build (same EVR as
the bumped rebuild).

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.20-1.2933.fc6
Load : 0.34 0.33 0.28