Rebuild for RHEL5 final

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Mar 28 05:45:23 UTC 2007

On 27.03.2007 20:13, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 04:29:05PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> [...]
>> Opinions? Just ignore that? Or simply do a script-build mass rebuild of
>> EPEL5 with increased %release?
> I'd say ignore it. The current users of EPEL are on this list.

I'm not that sure on this -- EPEL got even mentioned quite a bit in the
press already. Those two were the first ones afaics:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NTIxNg
http://www.pro-linux.de/news/2007/10918.html

> We'll have also other issues to resolve (like qt4 on EPEL4 > qt4 on
> RHEL5, and if we check we'll probably find more) and we need to keep a
> rawhide attitude (aka flexibility) otherwise we'll have to start using
> epochs before launching.

Regarding that I'd say: Simply remove the current qt4 package from EPEL4
and try to get one in with a lower EVR then the package in RHEL5.

CU
thl