Log from yesterdays (20070523) EPEL SIG meeting

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu May 24 20:27:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 05:48:23PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> 00:00            --- | knurd has changed the topic to: EPEL Sig meeting

I won't quote, since it is more a general impression than something that
was clearly said, but it looks like to me that EPEL is taking the route
of the 'world repo domination'. There is some limited will to work with
other repos, but only to attract their developpers.

If it is so, this should be communicated clearly and it is completely
ridiculous to say something in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/RepositoryCollaboration
and something else in the meetings. Nobody voiced against that document
although it looks like it doesn't reflect the state of EPEL.

To be clear, I don't really mind about cooperation or world domination,
as I said elsewhere boths models have advantages and inconvenients but
we have to be clear to avoid expectation being deceived.

--
Pat