proposed vote for the Steering Committee members: Elect a chairmen

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon May 7 08:56:20 UTC 2007

On 07.05.2007 10:31, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 01:43:07PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> As discussed and decided in recent EPEL Steering Committee meeting we
>> want to elect a chairmen for the EPEL Steering Committee. It was further
>> agree upon to use a wiki-vote for the actual election.
> What happened to defining what this position is about? Some
> suggestions included strong veto powers and secret agendaing. W/o
> defining the position's role anything will be interpreted into it.

Nobody wants veto powers for the chairmen afaics. If someone (chairmen
or not) really doesn't like something and would like to veto it then I'd
say he should try to convince a higher Committee (FESCo in this case) to
revisit the issue.

Yes, the chairmen afaics will handle the schedule and coordinate the
meetings as someone has to do that. But "someone" did that until now,
too -- just now we have some one that is *responsible* that it gets done
afaics.

Apart from this we simply look how it evolves and define or undefine the
job as needed. And, as I said, the Steering Committee can simply "fire"
the chair at any time.

CU
thl