wither clamav?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 16 20:43:56 UTC 2007

Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

> with all due respect for Enrico's work, I give a +1 for this varioant.
> But...  is EPEL allowed to have packages which are substantially
> different to those in the former FE ?

Yes. This is a different branch. While maintaining the spec files close
to Fedora Package Collection is a good goal it is pretty much impossible
to do it in all cases due the different release strategies between these
repositories. It would be good to discuss with the Fedora package
maintainer before deviating however because you are going to take up
more maintenance work every time you do that and this is going to affect
future releases too.

Rahul