repotags (was Re: EPEL report 2007, week 19)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun May 20 14:01:28 UTC 2007

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 03:19:50PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 18.05.2007 20:02, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 09:50:09AM -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > [...]
> > fpc had signaled that they would
> > pass any decision of epel to introduce repotags
>
> Hmm, I got different signals from Spot, which leads the Fedora Packaging
> Committee.
>
> See:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-April/msg01393.html
>
> Quoting
> ----
> But I'd like to point out that I'm still fundamentally opposed to the
> repotag, as I've yet to hear what problem it solves, aside from the
> "other repos want it" problem.
>
> ~spot

a) spot is not an inanimate object
b) quoting only half the quotes always biases towards your view, of
   course. There is also:
   "Indeed. I'm not necessarily opposed to the repotag being part of
   %{dist} for EPEL, but I am opposed to making %{dist}
   mandatory. [...] ~spot" (and you were part of that thread)
c) contrary to epel's leadership structure fpc works democratic w/o an
   overpowered chairman, so even if spot would vote against it, there
   are still N-1 other voters

And BTW I'm in no mood to start picking up infinite threads with you
again. Really. You want to present as if all the world, but you
blocked repotags, that's fine. In reality it was really you as a major
opponent to repotags that brought us here.

Do I sound like I'm pissed off? Maybe I do, and maybe I am. I just
don't like playing hide and seek or "pass the old maid".
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net