some issues regarding infos on RHEL packages

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu May 24 21:16:11 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am checking which package I'd like to put in EPEL and it appears that
some informations are lacking, that I can find easily with rpmfind, but
I cannot for RHEL. Here is a list of things I would like to do, from a
non Centos/RHEL box, or from another Centos/RHEL version, of course.
Do you have guidance on how to do it? Keep in mind that I want something
easy, like what rpmfind provides, not something unworkable:

* find whether a package is in RHEL or not
* find whether a file is in RHEL or not, and in which package
* find whether a provides is in RHEL or not, and provided by which package
* find the list of files and provides of a package in RHEL

Any idea on how to achieve that?

--
Pat