Questions about EPEL Distribution

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 15:05:57 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 21:26 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 31.10.2007 16:14, Perry N. Myers wrote:
> > I am working on a project that requires EPEL RPMs as part of the installation
> > process.
>
> Sounds interesting.
>
> /me wonders what this exatly is about, but I suppose you'll tell us
> sooner or later.

	It's nothing too exciting from an EPEL perspective - some packages for
RHEL on an ISO, but those packages require one or two EPEL packages.

	The problem Perry is talking about is that it's not much use giving
someone an ISO to install from if they still have to have network to
install the deps from EPEL.

	Basically the only obvious solution is to include the EPEL packages on
the the ISO too, but does anybody have any better ideas?

	One thing that might be cool is if EPEL itself built ISOs with all its
packages and we could just point people who want network-less install at
that ISO?

	(I guess it's a similar notion to an Everything ISO for Fedora ... I've
lost track of what happened to that idea)

Cheers,
Mark.