only keep the latest package in testing?

Russell Harrison rtlm10 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 13:04:57 UTC 2007

On Nov 6, 2007 8:57 AM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 09:45:40 +0100
> Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:
>
> > Actually F7-updates doesn't keep any other version then the most
> > recent, which is a very, very bad thing.
>
> No, it's really not since koji keeps a copy of the build for a good
> long time and it can be pulled from there if you really need it.

I don't know why I didn't think about koji.  That should be more than
good enough for testing repos.  I do feel that the main updates repos
should have at least the latest two updates available.  I don't know
that as a regular user I would feel confident knowing what the working
version I had was before my update.  As a user installing packages
from testing I should be familiar with koji.  As a normal user, I
don't know that we can expect that.
--
Russell Harrison
Systems Administrator -- Linux Desktops

Note:  The positions or opinions expressed in this email are my own.
They are not necessarily those of my employer.