EPEL Metadata and packages

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Nov 14 18:31:35 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 12:08:55PM -0600, Michael Stahnke wrote:

> My question to the list is, what meta-data information do we really
> need to know to be effective?  What use cases do we have in this
> space?

I said it a lot of time, but let's do it once again.

It would be practical to know about files owned by packages, to verify
conflicts. Know about requires and provides, including virtual ones. And
of course package name and versions. Providing everything that repoquery
provides would be nice, in fact. If repoquery is there it is because it
is practical. It can be done through a web interface like in rpmfind
which does about the same.

--
Pat