mock 0.8.9 for EPEL-5

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Tue Nov 20 21:22:53 UTC 2007

On 11/20/2007 09:53 PM, Michael E Brown wrote:
> All,
>     Mock 0.8.9 is sitting in the upstream git repository. I have tested
> this version on RHEL5, and it appears to work satisfactorily there. I
> have fixed the last remaining issue that I have seen on RHEL.

[...]
I've been using version 0.8.7 in Fedora 7 since released and after being
pointed to the new way of adding "-j 3" for parallel make, I am
extremely happy with it. The speed difference is noticeable.
What I would have liked to see and I think that is worth including is a
simple Readme with a couple of common examples on how to add options
(the new way) to .conf files.
Bottom line, I am very much in favor of including the new version in
EPEL. I don't believe the few differences in config are worth forcing
7yrs worth of maintenance of the old (and broken) version.