mock 0.8.9 for EPEL-5

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Tue Nov 20 21:29:29 UTC 2007

On 11/20/2007 11:20 PM, Michael E Brown wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 02:05:46PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>
>> Ok I am going to ask the harder question :). How does this affect
>> RHEL-4 and such?
>>

> Does not affect RHEL4. I dont intend to upgrade mock in RHEL4 at this
> time, as I dont have a box to test this out on. Nor do I think it worth
> the effort to do so, as I doubt there are any users (or at least *very*
> few, if any.)

I have to contradict you here. To my knowledge Centos 4 is quite popular
and even though lots of people have switched their devel boxes to C5 or
Fedora, those still using C4 need love, too.
To tell the truth the only reasons I've switched my workstation (which I
also use as devel box now) to C5 and later to Fedora were
-  I could not obtain a decent application for C4 to manage my IPod nano
- gaim (aka pidgin) became very difficult to compile due to BRs for
versions of libraries not available in C4