mock 0.8.9 for EPEL-5

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Tue Nov 20 21:42:37 UTC 2007

On 11/20/2007 11:29 PM, Michael E Brown wrote:
> Good point to bring up: one of the things I've tried to do with mock
> 0.8.x is to keep the '/etc/mock/defaults.cfg' file up-to-date with the
> latest config options that are available. So, if you want to know any of
> the configuration file options that can be set, look in there and you
> should see examples of how to configure them. All the options are either
> self-explanatory, or have blurbs.

How about adding something along
"The included /etc/mock/defaults.cfg describes the new format of options
and is also a  good example on how to add your own parameters "
to the bundled Readme and/or the man?

> Also, I have tried very hard to keep the manpage up-to-date as well,
> documenting all the cmdline switches. So, one of the areas that mock
> 0.8.x has improved is the documentation.

The man page was the first thing I've read (unlike my usual habit of
reading the man pages only as a last resort, when nothing else helps :)
). But since I am ... hum.. parallel to python, I needed the help of
ivazquez (thank you, again!) to see the light in
    config_opts['macros']['%_smp_mflags']= '-j3'
Second thought, since testing parallel builds is mandatory for Fedora, I
think it would be nice to have the above line included by default
(commented out for compatibility with previous versions) in all repo
configs.