How to build EPEL Java packages using mock?

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Thu Oct 25 02:01:31 UTC 2007

On 10/24/2007 09:24 PM, Richard Megginson wrote:
> Hello. I have a question about building java packages for epel4 using
> mock (fedora-4-i386-epel.cfg). There are several yum repos that mock
> uses to populate the buildroot. But the ant package (and all of its
> dependents) are not in any of them afaict.  In RHEL4, ant and its
> brethren are in the RH Developer Suite v.3 channel.  Is there a
> recommended epel/centos yum repo that has ant?  Or, alternately, how
> should I add ant and its dependencies to my epel4 buildroot?  I found
> this -
> http://watzmann.net/blog/index.php/2006/10/19/using_mock_to_build_rhel_packages_take_2
> - but I'm hoping there is a solution that doesn't involve setting up
> yet another repo.
If a package you need is not included in base, updates, EPEL or the
buildsys system, you have to a) either add yet another repo containing
the packages you need or b) wait for the required packages to be
available in EPEL (or even try  to push them yourself there)

In this particular case, since the package you need is available via a
different RH channel, one should get in touch with RH and see if they
are willing to transfer it either to EPEL or to base, because EPEL will
never knowingly compete with RH channels and it cannot contain packages
which have dependencies outside the base/updates/EPEL suite. Since ant
is included in RH5.0, I'd say there is a fair chance to have ant
included in base.