fuse

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Oct 21 18:57:51 UTC 2007

Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> 2007/10/21, Jarod Wilson <jwilson at redhat.com>:
>
>>> Hmmm -- I don't have a RHEL4 at hand, but I have serious doubts it
>>> contains a fuse support in its kernel (iirc not even RHEL5 contains
>>> fuse). Please correct me if I'm wrong. If not I'd say we remove those
>>> packages from EPEL4.
>> Correct, no fuse kernel modules in either RHEL4 or 5. Its possible to
>> build fuse out-of-tree for RHEL5, dunno about RHEL4...
>
> Anyone, please don't forget that EPEL is not only for RHEL but for
> CentOS also and CentOS kernels are built with fuse enabled.

Rebuilds are supported only to the extend that they remain compatible is
that way I understand it. It seems unlikely that CentOS kernel would
enable FUSE since it would break ABI compatibility. Maybe they are
offering a alternative version in another repository. Can someone from
CentOS confirm either way?

Rahul