only keep the latest package in testing?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Oct 28 12:34:19 UTC 2007

Hi all!

I'm preparing the testing/ -> stable/ move right now; I noticed that in
testing there are often two versions of a package; random example:

koan-0.6.1-2.el5.src.rpm
koan-0.6.2-2.el5.src.rpm

I think that's fine for the proper repo (one can then reinstall the
older version for a short-term-workaround after a update hit the repo
that broke something), but I don't see much need for it in testing, as
one still can go back to the package from testing normally.

Thus I propose we keep only the latest version in testing/ in the
future. If nobody yells loudly over the next few days in response to
this mail I'll "just do it"(tm).

Cu
knurd