testing -stable move (was: Re: Fedora EPEL Package Build Report 2007-10-28)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Oct 28 19:58:06 UTC 2007

On 28.10.2007 14:28, buildsys at fedoraproject.org wrote:
> Packages built and released for Fedora EPEL 5: 268
>
> NEW abcde-2.3.99.6-3.el5 : A Better CD Encoder
>     abcde-2.3.99.6-4.el5
> NEW aget-0.4-3.el5 : Console download accelerator
>     amtterm-0.5-1.el5
>     amtterm-1.0-1.el5
>     arj-3.10.22-3.el5
> NEW aspell-sk-0.52-3.el5 : Slovak dictionaries for Aspell
>     audio-entropyd-1.0.0-4.el5.2
> NEW awstats-6.7-1.el5 : Advanced Web Statistics
> [...]

You might have guest from the amount of packages listed in the report:
a lot of packages were moved from testing/5/ to the proper epel5 repos.
I excluded some:

- all those packages that have broken deps (I hope nothing slipped
through; does anybody want to recheck?)

- all those packages that entered EPEL for the first time in the past days

- yum-cron, for now, in the hope to find a way that makes both EPEL and
CentOS happy

If anybody wonders how it did it here is how:

* download all packages for i386 locally

* move all the new stuff and yum-cron away

* run repoclosure

* move everything with broken deps away

* run repoclosure again

* move some now broken deps away

* repo was sane then according to repoclosure

Then I took the list of SRPMs from the packages and feed that to the
"ToStable" script from the EPEL push scripts.

Not perfect, but worked afaics.

Cu
knurd

Cu