EPEL build failures? Plague problem?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Sep 12 14:11:44 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote :

> Matthias Saou wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just rebuilt gkrellm-freq for EL-5, but the build "failed" for ppc.
> > The build.log indicates that everything went fine, "exit 0" at the very
> > end confirms this...
> >
> > Something is going wrong with plague?
> >
> > http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-5-epel/36278-gkrellm-freq-1.0-7.el5/
> >

> Plague isn't moving the status beyond prepping (even though in reality
> the build does move on from there and completes).  There is a check in
> plague to make sure that mock never exits during the prep status, if it
> does, regardless of how mock's exit code, then its a failed build.  I've
> been adding some code here and there though I've not had much success.
> I'm still working on it but since it's hard to duplicate and my
> familiarity with plague isn't great it's taken longer then I'd hoped,
> please bare with me and continue to report these successful-failed builds.

You've mostly lost me here, but I guess the answer is "yes, something
is going wrong with plague, and I'm trying to find out what" :-)

What should I do? Try to trigger the build again? Or is it 100%
reproducible for a given tag of a given package?

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.22.5-71.fc7
Load : 0.24 0.51 0.70