clamav

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Mon Sep 17 20:29:51 UTC 2007

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Dag Wieers wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
>> Since Enrico never intended to maintain clamav in EPEL, he has
>> formally orphaned clamav in EL-4 and EL-5.
>>
>> Is there anyone out there that would be willing to take it on?
>>
>> Preferably someone who likes/understands Enrico's package setup so
>> you
>> can stay in sync with Fedora versions?
>>
>> If no one steps up soon, I might be able to take it over, but I would
>> be quite likely to radically change the packaging.

>Before you do, let's discuss how we can make things compatible in order
>to help existing users :)

ok. Sorry for getting behind on this...

It doesn't look like anyone wants to step up and maintain the current
package in EPEL.

Would you be interested in maintaining your package in EPEL?

Or failing that, would you be willing to let me use your package and
just keep it in sync with your version upstream?

Obviously, there would need to be testing to confirm that it upgrades
the old 0.88.x version currently in EPEL correctly, but I can work on
that if you don't mind me basing on your package.

Any other thoughts or ideas?

kevin