RHEL 5.1 new packages and EPEL conflicts

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 19 12:20:04 UTC 2007

Hi

I noticed that yum-utils is now in EPEL. I removed it from the wishlist
when I saw that RHEL 5.1 beta is including this package but it has gone
in anyway.

The list of new packages included in RHEL 5.1 beta is available in the
announcement at

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.release.tikanga.beta/844

yum-utils would have to be removed or version adjusted from atleast EPEL
5 so as to not conflict with RHEL 5.1 when it's released. I haven't done
a comprehensive check so there might be other similar packages in the
list. Just a quick heads up.

Rahul