WIKI WISHLIST in ASCII format :)

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:15:30 UTC 2008

2008/4/7 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com>:
> On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 11:49:21 -0600
>  smooge at gmail.com ("Stephen John Smoogen") wrote:
>
>  > There is probably an easier way of doing this.. but after a bunch of
>  > emacs editing.. here is the Wishlist as of 20080406. I wanted to send
>  > this to the devel list to remind people of requests and to start a
>  > discussion on what we can do to shorten this in the future.
>
>  Perhaps another mass mailing at some point?
>  Not too often, but every 6months or so for people who didn't answer any
>  of the previous attempts?

Possibly. I think that in most cases, they could also be marked as
"Fedora maintainer needs EPEL maintainer". I think we also need to
clarify some things for them.

1) Does the maintainer need to keep to the same version for 5-7 years?
2) What happens when a newer version no longer compiles in say EPEL-4
anymore? Are they on the hook for bugfixing some old software that is
so crufty that its impossible without a dedicated engineer. Do they
orpahn it, remove it from the archive?

>  >                                Package Wish List
>  >
>  >    The following lists contain software people would like to see
>  >    packaged up and maintained for EPEL.
>  >
>  >
>  > An EPEL maintainer is meant to be someone who is able to patch and
>  > code the source code to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and 5
>  >
>  > Packages that lack a EPEL maintainer
>

>  > dbh                        Disk based hash       Owners were mailed
>  > 071210 library
>
>  Not sure who wanted this... I orphaned it in Fedora.
>  It used to be used by Xfce, but isn't anymore...

If its orphaned in Fedora and its not needed anymore.. I would like to
split this page into 2 where we put things that aren't going in for
various reasons can be listed.

Ugh I need to send out meeting stuff..