Updating packages for dependencies

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 20:05:11 UTC 2008

Currently I've got a package python-toscawidgets-0.9 in epel.  It is a
python library that can have modules that add functionality.
python-tw-forms is one of the major modules.  This has just been
reviewed and built for Fedora.  Unfortunately, it needs a newer version
of python-formencode than is in EPEL-5.  Moreover, this is a newer
version that can cause bugs if your code uses certain features of
formencode.

How do we want to deal with this?  Upgrade formencode?  Upgrade
formencode at a certain point in time?  Remove toscawidgets since it's
pretty useless?  Create a parallel installable version of formencode for
the new version?

Each of these has drawbacks.  What's the initial leaning?

* Note: Felix, Luke, and I haven't banged out a definite opinion on what
we ideally want to do in this situation yet... since this seems to touch
on some rather basic EPEL policy, I thought it needed to be brought here
for comment.

-Toshio