Topics for tomorrows (20080213) EPEL SIG meeting

Jeff Sheltren jeff at osuosl.org
Wed Feb 13 16:10:38 UTC 2008

On Feb 12, 2008, at 10:31 PM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> find below the list of topics that are planed to come up in the next
> EPEL SIG meeting which is scheduled for today, Wednesday at 18:00
> UTC in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org.

As usual, I have conflicting meetings and probably won't make it.
I'll chime in on some issues below...

-Jeff

> /topic EPEL SIG Meeting | fill the steering committee; one
> self-nomination: Xavier Lamien| all |
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc

Should we wait another week or two to see if there is more interest?
Nothing against Xavier, just want to be sure everyone who is
interested has a chance to let us know.

> /topic EPEL SIG Meeting | elect a new chair | all |
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc

AFAIK both nirik and smooge volunteered for this.  Is that correct?
Anyone else?

> /topic EPEL SIG Meeting | new meeting time? | all |
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc
I would really appreciate this since I have other meetings most of the
morning on Wednesdays.

> /topic EPEL SIG Meeting | KojiAndBodhiForEpel | mmcgrath, Jeff_S |
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/KojiAndBodhiForEpel
I'm not sure why my name is here, but I have not touched koji at
all...  I don't imagine I'll have the time anytime soon to tackle this.

> /topic EPEL SIG Meeting | do we need a epel-announce-list (or both a
> epel-announce-list and a epel-package-announce-list) | all |
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc
Our list is relatively low traffic (at least IMO), so I don't really
see the need for an "announce" list.  Having a package announce list
may be nice for people that want to know what's new, but don't really
care about the development process.