Broken deps in EPEL 5

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Jan 19 12:43:30 UTC 2008

On 15.01.2008 11:05, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:06:16 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> BTW, if you have some more free cycles and want to to EPEL another
>> favor: could you shed some light into the dependency checker script EPEL
>> uses (BTW: does it still run?)? Afaics it's a old one (or not the same
>> that Extras used?) that doesn't mail the list as the script you used to
>> generate this report. Would that be hard to implement? Or is it easier
>> to switch to the script you used?
> I'm not aware of any "dependency checker script EPEL uses".

One was setup somewhere some months ago; dglimore or mmcgrath (CCed)
should know the details.

But I'm not sure if it's still running. And it never mailed the list,
which would be very helpful to know for the EPEL SIG, as we then could
file bugs and/or poke maintainers if problems don't get fixed quickly
(e.g. within one or two weeks) after they show up.

Thus I'm inclined to say: let's switch to your script if that's poissble
without to much work.

Mike?

Cu
knurd