Zenoss Core

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jan 18 19:46:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:37:26 -0500
Christopher Blunck <chris at zenoss.com> wrote:

> Built from .src.rpm or built from .spec?

Yes.  (:

For a longer answer... EPEL and Fedora in general maintains a source
control (CVS) repository of the package .spec file, any patches, and
the upstream source tarball (in a lookaside cache).  It's from this
source control that the package is built.  However we have helper tools
that will allow you to easily import an existing source rpm.  If you so
desire, your work on the spec and such can happen outside EPEL/Fedora's
source control, and when you're ready to do a new build you can import
the latest source rpm.  You'll have to take care as to not stomp on any
changes that may have been made directly in Fedora/EPEL though.

--
Jesse Keating