Unstable EPEL? (frequent package updates)

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Tue Jul 1 15:46:15 UTC 2008

Andy Gospodarek schrieb:
> Well put, Paul.  Packages that mostly run standalone are appropriate
> candidates for a rebase (like freehoo and firefox), but those that serve
> as libraries or building blocks for other components should try to stay
> as stable as possible from an ABI/API perspective.

I would like to add the distinction between "server" and "desktop" software.
While both categories are not always disjoint, it this the distinction is useful
nevertheless: Some things like Firefox, OpenOffice etc. can be updated more
often than something like Exim, Apache, ...

This is a bit like Red Hat does it these days.

fs