rebranding EPEL

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 21:46:19 UTC 2008

At the last steering committee meeting, we agreed that EPEL as a brand
name isn't so hot.  I brought it up because it's a PITA to have the
acronym in the way of understanding what EPEL is about.

John Adams, RHT brand manager, has agreed to help us with
renaming/rebranding.  John likes to kick these things off with a voice
brainstorm session, which we have scheduled for tomorrow, 2 pm EDT/1800
UTC on talk.fedoraproject.org.

I'm sending the details on the discussion to fedora-marketing-list
because:

* that's the place for marketing/branding discussion
* you may not want to be bored with branding discussions here
* you can always go over there for this discussion

Cheers - Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41