next testing -> stable move for EPEL4 and EPEL5 prepared, details inside

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Jul 28 15:49:15 UTC 2008

Hi all!

I prepared the next testing -> stable move for EPEL4 and EPEL5. I will
actually do the move at round about 20080801 at 5:00 UTC (e.g.
Friday morning CEST).

If one of your packages is in the attached "tobemoved-(s,)rpms-{4,5}"
list and you don't want it moved please tell me soon or it'll be to late
on Friday ;-)

= Packages that'll be moved ==

Here is the list of packages that will be moved:

== EPEL4 ==

atop bitlbee certmaster cobbler collectl cpqarrayd duplicity erlang
exiv2 flashrom freehoo func git haproxy khmeros-fonts libssh2 mksh monit
mysqltuner net6 obby odfpy pastebin perl-Business-CreditCard
perl-Crypt-CAST5_PP perl-Crypt-GeneratePassword perl-DBD-SQLite
perl-File-Type perl-File-Which perl-Frontier-RPC perl-Net-Telnet
perl-Razor-Agent perl-String-CRC32 perl-Test-Pod-Coverage phpMyAdmin
php-pecl-zip pnp4nagios python-lxml python-pgsql python-sqlite2
python-sqlobject R-biglm R-car sagator shorewall sipp tcldom tdom tlock
TurboGears xdialog

== EPEL5 ==

atop bip bitlbee bzr-gtk centerim certmaster cobbler collectl cpanspec
cpqarrayd dtc duplicity exiv2 flashrom freehoo fs_mark func funtools
gamazons gxine gyachi haproxy java-1.6.0-openjdk joda-time joni jvyamlb
khmeros-fonts librelp libssh2 memcached mksh mod_wsgi monit net6
netdump-server nethogs netstiff ocaml-libvirt odfpy pastebin
perl-Algorithm-C3 perl-Algorithm-CurveFit perl-aliased
perl-Business-CreditCard perl-Class-C3 perl-Class-C3-XS
perl-Class-Factory-Util perl-Class-Inspector perl-Class-MOP
perl-Crypt-GeneratePassword perl-Crypt-OpenSSL-Bignum
perl-Crypt-OpenSSL-Random perl-Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA perl-Crypt-Rijndael
perl-DateTime-Format-Builder perl-DateTime-Format-HTTP
perl-DateTime-Format-IBeat perl-DateTime-Format-MySQL
perl-DateTime-Format-Strptime perl-DBD-SQLite perl-DBM-Deep
perl-Declare-Constraints-Simple perl-File-Type perl-File-Which
perl-Frontier-RPC perl-Heap perl-JSON-XS perl-Module-Refresh perl-Moose
perl-MRO-Compat perl-Net-SNPP perl-Net-Telnet perl-Params-Coerce
perl-Parse-CPAN-Packages perl-Razor-Agent perl-Sub-Identify perl-SUPER
perl-TAP-Harness perl-Term-ReadLine-Gnu perl-Test-LongString
perl-Test-Mock-LWP perl-Test-MockObject perl-Test-Perl-Critic
perl-Test-WWW-Selenium perl-Time-Period phpMyAdmin php-pear-Log
php-pear-PHP-CodeSniffer php-pear-PhpDocumentor php-pecl-apc
php-pecl-zip pnp4nagios python-lxml python-paramiko python-pgsql
python-ruledispatch python-toscawidgets R-biglm R-car sagator sextractor
shorewall sipp tcldom tdom tlock tomcat-native trac-spamfilter-plugin
typespeed virt-top wcstools xdialog xpa

= Broken Deps =

FYI, below is a list of packages I had to exclude due to broken deps.

Yet again: I have been excluding some of them for months now... :-/ That
is not only unpleasant and annoying for the users, it's also makes the
preparation for the moves harder. I'dd be glad if the EPEL Steering
Committee could look into this problem and find a solution for those
packages that are broken for more then two or three months now.

(Note: I also excluded some packages that hit the EPEL repos on Sunday,
to make sure that they get enough testing before they get moved; those
are not in the list below, but might be responsible one or two of the
broken deps)

== EPEL 4 ==

bugzilla* mediawiki-ParserFunctions  perl-libwhisker2
postgresql-dbi-link postgresql-pgpoolAdmin  python-Coherence
python-psycopg2* specto nikto

== EPEL 5 ==

abgraph claws-mail* gambit* emacs-gambit emacs-vala fedora-packager
flumotion  gnome-applet-sshmenu hunspell-he hspell*
mediawiki-ParserFunctions perl-libwhisker2 python-Coherence
python-fedora-* revisor-* sshmenu  tkimg-* translate-toolkit vala*
viewmtn nikto plexus-graph-javadoc rhino-*

= EOF =

CU
knurd

P.S.: EPEL-signers, if possible please don't push any new packages to
the testing repos until the package move happens, as that might
introduce new broken deps and thus trouble/a lot of work; tia!