same package used in EL-4 and EL-5

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Wed Jul 30 22:52:12 UTC 2008

On 07/31/2008 01:38 AM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 July 2008, Jesse Keating wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 22:55 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>>
>>> but it is in let's
>>> say dist-f9-updates-testing, it will be automatically copied to
>>> Rawhide.
>>>
>> Close.  Things in -testing don't get inherited.  Only things in dist-foo
>> and dist-foo-updates
>>
> there is zero inheritance in EPEL so its all moot until we can move to koji.
> the only thing that can be done is to copy the rpms from one needsign queue to
> the other.  which meens you need to email epel_signers as soon as your build
> is done to request that it happens

Thanks a lot, Dennis. That's part of the reply I was wishing for in the
first place ( as of technical approach; the political approach was
settled already )

FWIW: I've just built 0.9.8-2.el5 and also comited to CVS the modified
spec for EL-4. However I have not built it for EL-4 since I see no real
gain in that: rpmdev-vercmp says 0.9.8-2 (which is now in EL-4/testing)
is older than 0.9.8-2.el5 so once the newly built package lands in
EL-5/testing everything should be OK wrt the upgrade path.