testing -> stable move for EPEL5 prepared, details inside

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Jun 1 09:16:09 UTC 2008

Hi all!

I prepared the next testing -> stable move for EPEL5 and will actually
do the move at round about 20080603 7:00 UTC (e.g. Tuesday morning CEST).

If one of your packages is in the attached "tobemoved-(s,)rpms" list and
you don't want it moved please tell me soon or it'll be to late ;-)

Here is the list of packages that will be moved:

amarok atop awstats bip blender brettfont-fonts bzr-gtk cal3d cksfv
cobbler comedilib cowsay dkms dsniff dtc duplicity ejabberd email2trac
flashrom fpm2 g2clib git gnokii gnucash html2ps idesk javasqlite koan
libdc1394 libedit libgeotiff libnids libupnp lxsplit mod_bw mod_security
mt-daapd nagios net6 nginx numpy octave ogdi openser perl-Apache-DBI
perl-CGI-SpeedyCGI perl-Class-Inspector perl-Convert-UUlib
perl-DBD-XBase perl-Digest-CRC perl-GO-TermFinder perl-GraphViz
perl-Ima-DBI perl-Net-IRC perl-Test-Perl-Critic perl-Time-Piece-MySQL
phpMyAdmin php-pear-HTML-QuickForm-advmultiselect php-pear-Log
php-pear-Net-Curl php-pear-Pager php-pear-Payment-Process
php-pecl-xdebug plone postgresql-odbcng python-IPy python-lxml
python-paste python-paste-deploy python-paste-script python-psycopg2
python-ruledispatch python-tgcaptcha R-car rkhunter roadstencil-fonts
roundup rpmrebuild rtpproxy rubygem-actionmailer rubygem-actionpack
rubygem-activerecord rubygem-activeresource rubygem-activesupport
rubygem-daemons rubygem-fastthread rubygem-gem2rpm rubygem-gem_plugin
rubygem-mongrel rubygem-rails ruby-postgres ruby-rpm ruby-shadow R-zoo
scipy scons scponly seekwatcher shorewall sipp suitesparse superiotool
trac-git-plugin TurboGears ucview udpcast unicap unison213 unison227
wgrib2 wmacpi xsettings-kde zabbix zaptel zope

FYI, here is the list of packages I had to exclude due to broken deps:

claws-mail* fedora-packager flumotion gnome-applet-sshmenu hunspell-he
koji* olive perl-libwhisker2 php-Smarty  python-Coherence
python-fedora-* revisor-* sshmenu thunderbird-lightning*
translate-toolkit vala* viewmtn nikto hspell*

I have to exclude some of them for months now... :-/ The following
packages for example got excluded for at least the third time now:
claws-mail* fedora-packager flumotion gnome-applet-sshmenu hunspell-he
hspell* koji* perl-libwhisker2 python-Coherence python-fedora-* sshmenu
thunderbird-lightning* translate-toolkit viewmtn hspell* nikto

Something needs to happen there. Could you guys/the Steering Committee
please discuss in the next meeting (or here on the list) what to do?

CU
knurd

Note to myself: check the calendar more often, as I didn't see the end
of the month comming (IOW: I'm a a bit late again with the preparation
for the move; sorry for that...)

P.S.: EPEL-signers, if possible please don't push any new packages to
the epel5 testing repos until the package move happens, as that might
introduce new broken deps and thus trouble/a lot of work; tia!