Branching package with uninterested Fedora maintainer

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Jun 14 11:42:34 UTC 2008

On 12.06.2008 19:05, Jochen Schmitt wrote:
> Ian Burrell schrieb:
>> How do I go about branching a package for EPEL when the Fedora
>> maintainer is not interested in maintaining the package for EPEL?  Do
>> I just put in a branch request with myself as the EPEL owner?  Should
>> I put in for comaintainer on the Fedora package first?
>
> You should ask the fedora maintainer for allowing you the creation of
> the EPEL branaches.
>
> After that you can put a CVS Admin request for creating the required
> branches on bugzilla.

That's round about it; a more detailed explanation can be found in the wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#I_want_to_build_packages_for_EPEL_but_some_of_my_packages_dependencies_are_not_available_in_EPEL_--_or_--_I.27d_like_to_see_a_Fedora_package_in_EPEL_that_is_not_yet_available_there

Cu
knurd