EPEL report week 09/2008

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Mar 2 18:29:22 UTC 2008

On 02.03.2008 19:03, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 10:57:36AM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>>  * Zenoss rpms and how to get them into EPEL. Upstream wants to work
>> with us.. problems are that it only works on EPEL and not Fedora
>> proper. Need to work through FESCO on how to handle this.
> I don't understand where is the issue here. A simple review, no fedora
> branch except devel and no build of the devel branch. There is a
> precedent already (though a bit different), my tetex-lineno package.

+1

Actually it's even in the FAQ:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#head-07186b46bbf454db714a5d999f03ab1ee3468686

---
=== Is it possible to get a package only into EPEL and not Fedora? ===

Simply go through the review process for Fedora and specify only EL
targets for the initial import. But note that maintaining packages in
Fedora has many advantages for you, you should really consider
maintaining the package in both Fedora and EPEL.
---

CU
knurd