New packages going into RHEL 5.2 beta

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 21:43:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> Karsten asked if I would give you guys a heads-up on the new packages
>  going into RHEL 5.2 beta.
>  Four of them are packages in EPEL-5: dstat, python-iniparse,
>  python-setuptools, and trousers.

This is going to be a hard one to deal with long term. People who have
5.1.1 and such will still need these. People who have 5.2.x will not.
We need to make a clear, policy statement that we are only going to
support 5.x.0 releases which would be a good way for other repository
groups to 'differentiate' themselves from EPEL.