sponsorship from RH ?

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Sun May 25 15:09:44 UTC 2008

FYI, for all my epel packages I use CentOS (yes, I'm an @redhat.com)

> In my opinion its not the same, in fact if i will get
> bug report i am not quite sure in some circumstances
> i will be able reproduce it on CentOS, it even sounds
> strange if i Re: to that bz# that "on my CentOS it works
> and compile fine" ...

Your opinion is unfortunatly distant from reality though :-/  Any
differences you see between RHEL and CentOS you need to report to CentOS
as I'm sure they'd be interested in fixing it.  AFAIK there have been very
few if any issues supporting EPEL in CentOS as CentOS is one of EPEL's
target operating systems.  If we're not compatable with CentOS we're doing
something wrong.

>  Well than i can renounce and be happy with Fedora.

This sound strangly like a threat from someone looking to get a free RHEL
license....  Just saying.

	-Mike